Takahē Short Story Competition 2019
Judge: Nod Ghosh
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $100
Entries must be received no later than Sunday 31st March 2019.
Results will be announced and the winning story published in takahē 96 (August issue). All entries will considered for publication.
Please note the entry form is below, on page two.
Conditions of Entry:
- Each entry must be the original work of the person submitting it; entries must not have been broadcast or previously published in any form (including webzines or personal blogs), and if any entry is accepted for publication in any form, or wins a prize in a competition, before the results of the takahē short story competition are announced, it must be withdrawn. (There will be no refund of the entry fee.)
- Maximum length for each story submitted is 2,500 words. Please enter the word count with your story title on the entry form. Stories exceeding the story count will be disqualified.
- Entrants may submit as many previously unpublished stories as they wish, but each must be named separately on the entry form. Please use ONE entry form for all your stories.
- If you are emailing your story/stories, please
- pay the $10 per entry fee by direct credit to Takahe Collective Trust 02-0800-0420716-00, Reference=surname, Particular=Short Story Competition
- email your entry/entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- include your stories and entry form as attachments. These must be word documents (that is .doc or .docx). Please do not send other types of file as we may not be able to read them
- All postal entries should be typed on one side of A4 paper. NB: keep a copy of your story as entries will not be returned. Please enclose your entry fee of NZ$10.00 per story (cheques made out to Takahē Collective Trust) or pay by direct credit to Takahē Collective Trust 02-0800-0420716-00, Reference=surname, Particular=Short Story Competition. The address for postal entries is given on the entry form (see below).
- The entrant’s name or nom de plume must not appear on the manuscript.
- Worldwide copyright of entries will remain with the author, but all entries received will be considered for publication in takahē magazine, unless they are withdrawn.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entrant breaching this condition will be disqualified.
- The results and judge’s comments will be published in the on-line August issue of the magazine, available on our website http://www.takahe.org.nz. Only those placed will receive individual notification of the results.
- In the event of the competition being cancelled, all monies will be refunded.
|Story Title||Word Count|
Please use one form for all entries. A second page may be used if you have more entries than will fit in the above table.
Email this form and your entries to email@example.com
If you would prefer to post your entry:
Takahē Short Story Competition
PO Box 13-335
– Entry Fee of NZ$10 per story
has been paid by direct credit
cheque (made out to Takahē Collective Trust) enclosed
– Word count recorded for each story