Advertising with the New Zealand Society of Authors Te Puni Kaituhi o Aotearoa (PEN NZ) Inc – Rate Card / Deadlines / Terms &Conditions 2022
The NZ Author Quarterly Magazine
Distributed as a perfect bound A5 printed magazine and as an epublication with a circulation of 1800+ (this includes NZSA members, funders, key stakeholders and subscribing libraries).
Double Page Spread
240mm wide x 170mm high (no bleed) $750
275mm wide x 210mm high (bleed) $750
115mm wide x 170mm high (no bleed) $350
120mm wide x 210mm high (bleed) $350
Inside back cover laminated $450
Inside front Cover $500
Horizontal -115mm wide x 90mm high $250 (inside front cover $275)
Vertical – 50mm wide x 170mm high $250 (inside front cover $275)
Horizontal- 115mm wide x 60mm high $200
Vertical – 43mm wide x 170mm high $200
Horizontal- 115mm wide x 30mm high $150
Vertical – 50mm wide x 90mm high $150
Vertical 43mm wide x 90mm high $125
SPECIFICATIONS FOR DISPLAY ADVERTISEMENTS
- Material will be accepted as an email attachment. Please compress if over 10mb.
- Files accepted in the following formats: PDF / jpeg (jpg) / tiff (tif) /eps.
- Images must be (scanned at) 300dpi at the size they are to be used.
NZ Author Classified – Short Ads
Single column run on advertisements:
- up to 30 words $60 casual / 25% discount when advance payment for 4 repeats of advertisement
- up to 70 words $125 casual / 25% discount when advance payment for 4 repeats of advertisement
All prices are + 15% GST
NZ AUTHOR MAGAZINE SUBMISSION DEADLINES FOR 2022
Feb 4, May 13, Aug 5, Nov 11
Literary Bulletin – enews
Our popular fortnightly Literary E-Bulletin keeps members up to date with news about writers, writing and publishing and the literary arts scene in New Zealand. Circulation circa 2000.
Members also keep an eye on the bulletin for up to date information about events and opportunities for writers.
We notify members about competitions, fellowships, awards and events and freedom of expression issues both locally and overseas.
The deadline for advertising copy is 4pm Wednesday for the Friday insertion.
Literary Bulletin Deadlines 2022
12 Jan, 26 Jan, 9 Feb, 23 Feb, 9 Mar, 23 Mar, 6 Apr, 20 Apr, 4 May, 18 May, 1 Jun, 15 Jun, 29 Jun, 13 Jul, 27 July, 10 Aug, 24 Aug, 7 Sep, 21 Sep, 5 Oct, 19 Oct, 2 Nov, 16 Nov, 30 Nov, 14 Dec.
- Finished copy, word limit is 180 words
- Images should be jpeg or png files. Recommended dimensions in pixels: 650 wide x up to 650 high.
- It’s best to avoid sending overly large images, both in file size and pixel dimensions. We recommend a maximum file size of 1MB for images. 72 dpi is generally sufficient for the web, but isn’t required.
- If you wish to send prepared copy, please send a jpg or png file. Dimensions and image size same as for separate images. Please send url link to direct the ad to.
ALL LITERARY BULLETIN ADVERTISEMENTS : 180 WORD LIMIT WITH AN IMAGE OR LOGO – $60 + GST EACH INSERTION
Home Page Banner
Text with an image or logo on one of the sliding banners $500 per month. This is a featured advertisement on the home page and we only have one at any time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specifications.
- 10% discount for combinations of advertising in NZ Author, the Enews/Literary Bulletin or Website
- All prices are + 15% GST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADVERTISING
All bookings, instructions and cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Confirmation must be received by the deadline. Any material supplied that does not meet the specifications will incur extra charges.
Placement is at the discretion of the Editor for NZ Author and the Chief Executive for the Literary Bulletin and the website. Advertising for the website is accepted at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
Advertising for the NZ Author and the Literary Bulletin will be accepted provided that it contains no unwarranted claims for products or services, contains no defamatory statements or matter, does not infringe copyright, and may be printed without the New Zealand Society of Authors incurring liability of any nature whatsoever. By submitting an advertisement for publication, you indemnify NZ Society of Authors and its employees and agents against any proceedings, demands, losses, costs, damages, and other liability incurred in connection with that advertisement.
You agree to pay your invoice by the 20th of the following month. Interest may be charged for overdue accounts.