StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service – for writers who want to get an appraisal for part of their work. Writers can send in a piece of writing, up to 6,000 words (for poetry up to 24 pages), and a one page synopsis. Comic / Graphic novelists need to send in a synopsis and up to ten pages of finished work.
The NZSA Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service is an excellent opportunity for writers to get an appraisal of their writing at an early stage.
- Writers – send in one chapter (up to 6,000 words), or up to 24 pages of poetry and a one page synopsis.
- Comic / Graphic novelists – send in a synopsis and up to ten pages of finished work.
Writing samples are appraised by experienced authors and assessors in a one to two page report. They will also answer up to three specific questions that the writer may submit with the chapter and synopsis.
UNSUBSIDISED STARTWRITE ASSESSMENTS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE, WITH A SPECIAL MEMBERS-ONLY PRICE.
- open to all genres and all writers (you do not have to be an NZSA member to access this)
- NZSA members unsubsidised assessment fee is $200
- Non-members unsubsidised assessment fee is $250
SUBSIDISED SUBMISSIONS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE in 2020 (all 25 have been used for this year).
- Each year NZSA has 25 Subsidised StartWrite Assessments
- Available to NZSA members only
- One StartWrite assessment per member per year
- The fee for a subsidised assessment is $50