NZSA & Publishers Distribution (PDL) service – submission form for New Books
This is a new initiative offering bookshop and library distribution that has been on hold due to Covid-19.
NZSA are now delighted to put the call out for submissions for new books that have not yet had book trade representation. If you have published a book in the last 12 months and are a member of NZSA, you are able to submit to the selection process.
The first titles will be selected from books:
- That have high standards of design and production
- That have commercial sales potential
- That have been published within the last 12 months
NZSA anticipate that PDL will carry circa 10-12 titles from NZSA self-published authors, per sales’ cycle (every 2 months).
NZSA will make the first selection (a longlist); then request a finished copy so we can check the production values through the book. If your book is selected for listing, you will receive a contract from us for PDL distribution via a central NZSA account with full details. This means PDL will deal with us, on your behalf, and we will liaise with you for sales information and payments.
If your book is selected for listing, the charge for inclusion in the PDL distribution list is $50 (to cover administration costs). There is no charge for submitting your book to be assessed, but please ensure that the book you submit fits the criteria. Please email Jenny Nagle if you have further questions.
How to submit your book for NZSA / PDL distribution opportunity
Information you must include in your book submission:
- JPG, or PNG image: The book’s front cover only. (File size should be under 1mb.)
- Blurb: A brief paragraph about the book. (270 characters max (including spaces)
- Blurb: A brief paragraph about the author. (270 characters max (including spaces)
- Publication date
- Publisher / Imprint name
- ISBN number
- NZ RRP (New Zealand recommended retail price)
- Author Website (where available)