NZSA Writer’s Clinics
NZSA Writer’s Clinics offer an opportunity for consultations with industry experts.
12PM-2PM, THURSDAY 8 SEPTEMBER, 8 SLOTS OF 15 MINUTES.
Pitching to publishers, agents, journals and magazines is an art. In this session, you will have the chance to participate in a one-one-one session with literary agents Vicki Marsdon and Nadine Rubin Nathan.
(Once you have registered and paid for a session, we will contact you to let you know the time slot you have been allocated.)
- Commercial women’s fiction (preferably contemporary)
- Diverse voices
- Thrillers (esp psychological – locked room thrillers are also in demand)
- Crime – something with a unique hook as opposed to strictly procedural
- Non-fiction – on popular subjects incl cooking, dog training, natural history
Please no middle grade, YA or picture books.
To apply, fill out the online application form.
You will need to attach:
- A synopsis of the work – 500 words which provides a very clear idea of the plot or contents (if it’s non-fiction)
- A brief bio – up to 300 words
- A sample of the work – no more than one chapter in length
- 4-5 lines that would be used to describe the book to would be readers (like a back cover)
- $25 fee
PLEASE NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS AVAILABLE TO NZSA MEMBERS ONLY AND PUBLICATION AND / OR SIGNING WITH THIS AGENT, AS A RESULT OF THIS SESSION, IS NOT GUARANTEED.
NZSA Members – $25BOOK IN
Once you have signed up and made payment, you will be booked into this WebWorkshop. Attendees will be sent a Zoom videoconference invitation 1 day before the webinar.
Using Zoom for the first time? We will issue instructions along with the link to the event.
Not a member of NZSA? Find out more about the benefits of membership.