Advertising with the New Zealand Society of Authors Te Puni Kaituhi o Aotearoa:
Advertising Rates, Deadlines, and Terms & Conditions for 2023
The NZ Author magazine
Our quality quarterly magazine carries local and international issues that impact writing and getting published, articles from industry professionals and writers, and first-person essays that inspire, inform, and motivate. Reports on operational and governance matters for the NZ Society of Authors Te Puni Kaituhi o Aotearoa (PEN NZ Inc) are also covered.
Circulation is 2000+ this includes NZSATPKoA members, industry professionals, key stakeholders, and subscribing libraries.
NZ Author Magazine – Booking Form for advertising
NZ Author advertising deadlines for 2023: 3 Feb, 12 May, 4 Aug, 10 Nov
Literary Bulletin (enews)
Our popular fortnightly Literary E-Bulletin keeps members up to date with news about writers, writing and publishing, and the literary arts scene in New Zealand. Circulation 2000+.
Members also keep an eye on the bulletin for up-to-date information about events and opportunities for writers.
We notify members about competitions, fellowships, awards and events, and freedom of expression issues both locally and overseas.
All literary bulletin advertisements: 180 word limit with an image or logo – $60 + gst each insertion
Literary Bulletin Deadlines 2023:
124 Jan, 7 Feb, 21 Feb, 8 Mar, 22 Mar, 4 Apr, 19 Apr, 3 May, 17 May, 31 May, 14 Jun, 28 Jun, 12 Jul, 26 July, 9 Aug, 23 Aug, 6 Sep, 20 Sep, 4 Oct, 18 Oct, 1 Nov, 15 Nov, 29 Nov, 13 Dec.
The deadline for advertising copy is 4pm Wednesday for the Friday insertion.
- Finished copy, word limit is 180 words
- Images should be jpeg or png files. Recommended dimensions in pixels: 650 wide x up to 650 high.
- It’s best to avoid sending overly large images, both in file size and pixel dimensions. We recommend a maximum file size of 1MB for images. 72 dpi is generally sufficient for the web, but isn’t required.
- If you wish to send prepared copy, please send a jpg, jpeg, png or gif files. Dimensions and image size same as for separate images. Please send url link to link the ad to.
Booking form for advertising in the Literary Bulletin
Home Page Banner: text with an image or logo on one of the sliding banners $500 per month. This is a featured advertisement on the home page and we only have one at any time.
To find out about advertising on this website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
10% discount for combinations of advertising in NZ Author, the e-news Literary Bulletin and/or the Website
All prices are + 15% GST
Terms and Conditions of Advertising
- All bookings, instructions and cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Confirmation must be received by the deadline. Any material supplied that does not meet the specifications will incur extra charges.
- Placement is at the discretion of the Editor for NZ Author and the Chief Executive for the Literary Bulletin and the website. Advertising for the website is accepted at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
- Advertising for the NZ Author and the Literary Bulletin will be accepted provided that it contains no unwarranted claims for products or services, contains no defamatory statements or matter, does not infringe copyright, and may be printed without the New Zealand Society of Authors incurring liability of any nature whatsoever. By submitting an advertisement for publication, you indemnify NZ Society of Authors and its employees and agents against any proceedings, demands, losses, costs, damages, and other liability incurred in connection with that advertisement.
- You agree to pay your invoice by the 20th of the following month. Interest may be charged for overdue accounts.
For bookings contact
email NZSA Office or phone 09 379 4801