StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Programme
The NZSA StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service is an excellent opportunity for writers who want to get an appraisal for part of a manuscript. Writers can send in a piece of writing, up to 6,000 words (for poetry up to 24 pages), and a one page synopsis. The manuscripts are appraised by experienced authors and assessors in a one to two page report. They will also answer up to three specific questions that the writer may submit with the chapter and synopsis.
StartWrite offers writers a great opportunity to develop style and direction for a project in the early stages of development. The report comments on the writer’s technical ability, suggestions for improvement and advice on the next step, encouraging innovation and exploration of ideas and techniques.
SUBSIDISED SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL AVAILABLE in 2021
- Each year NZSA has 25 Subsidised StartWrite Assessments
- Available to NZSA members only
- One StartWrite assessment per member per year
- The fee for a subsidised assessment is $50
UNSUBSIDISED STARTWRITE ASSESSMENTS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE, WITH A SPECIAL MEMBERS-ONLY PRICE.
- open to all genres and all writers (you do not have to be an NZSA member to access this)
- NZSA members unsubsidised assessment fee is $200
- Non-members unsubsidised assessment fee is $250
For more information on getting a StartWrite Assessment: email@example.com
Applications to the NZSA StartWrite Programme need to be filled out via our online form.
THIS PROGRAMME IS MADE POSSIBLE THANKS TO SUPPORT FROM CREATIVE NEW ZEALAND