StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Programme
The NZSA StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service is an excellent opportunity for writers and comic / graphic novelists who want to get an appraisal for part of a manuscript. Writers can send in a piece of writing, up to 6,000 words (for poetry up to 24 pages), and a one page synopsis. Comic / Graphic novelists should send in a synopsis and up to ten pages of finished work. The manuscripts are appraised by experienced authors and assessors in a one to two page report. They will also answer up to three specific questions that the writer may submit with the chapter and synopsis.
StartWrite offers writers a great opportunity to develop style and direction for a project in the early stages of development. The report comments on the writer’s technical ability, suggestions for improvement and advice on the next step, encouraging innnovation and exploration of ideas and techniques.
SUBSIDISED SUBMISSIONS ARE AVAILABLE. UNSUBSIDISED STARTWRITE ASSESSMENTS ARE AVAILABLE.
- Subsidised StartWrite Assessment programme – available to NZSA members only
- Unsubsidised StartWrite Assessment programme – open to all genres and all writers (you do not have to be an NZSA member to access this)
For more information on getting a StartWrite Assessment: email@example.com
Applications for the NZSA StartWrite Programme are available as online forms. Fill out the online form then print out your application from the email sent to you. You can then send in the printed version along with your supporting documentation to the NZSA National Office: StartWrite service, NZ Society of Authors, PO Box 7701, Wellesley St, AUCKLAND 1141
- StartWrite – Writer Application Form
- NZSA Assessors list
- StartWrite Service info for writers
- StartWrite Fee Structure – subsidised and unsubsidised
- StartWrite Fee Structure for Comic / Graphic Novels – subsidised and unsubsidised
- Comic Graphic Novel – StartWrite Application Form
- StartWrite Service Info for Comic Graphic creators