Applications are now open for a Special Round of Contestable Fund Grants, with $120,000 available to apply for. Copyright Licensing New Zealand is running a Special Round of its Contestable Fund Grants in order to support short-term projects that have arisen or been developed to respond to the changed environment in the New Zealand writing and publishing sector during COVID-19. The annual Contestable Fund process supports a very wide range of projects, and this Special Round will do the same.
Applications are invited for projects that have clearly defined and measurable project outcomes, including projects that:
- Respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by the pandemic
- Develop the professional skills of writers, including those who write for an education audience
- Seek to grow export markets for New Zealand published content
- Demonstrate innovation in the creation and distribution of New Zealand published content
- Use online platforms to enhance the profile of New Zealand publishing and/or published content, including to international/export markets
- Are able to be completed by 30 September 2020
APPLY HERE >>
Applications for entries must be made online and must be received before 4pm Wednesday 29 April 2020. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised via email in mid-May. Successful recipients will be contacted directly, and the announcement will also be published on their website and social media pages.
If you have any specific queries about this round, in the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 480 271.
The annual Contestable Fund ($75,000) will run later in the year. This Special Fund is additional investment.