City Chairs earn $200.
Basic duties of this position (can be done with support from Central Committee, too):
- Help secure the venue (we have already contacted AUT where it is often held)
- Organise guest readers and other special invitees (we like collaborating with local poets and other orgs who have dynamic presence in the region; Michelle can help with this, too)
- Help locate and secure regional/ local sponsorship — bookshops, eateries, etc.
- Organise a local compere, or step into this role yourself
- Handle sensitive material as related to the national comp; helping present the awards — keeping all information about the comp confidential; awards are announced at the end of the event on June 22
- Organise the run sheet for the night, keeping it to a tidy 2 hours (Michelle will also help with this, using past year’s formats)
Contact Michelle Elvy at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest or learn more.