This year our poetry competition will be judged by Siobhan Harvey
First Prize: $300
Second Prize: $150
Entries to be received, no later than Monday 31st August 2020
Results, the short-list and the winning poem will be published in the December takahē 100 special bumper print issue.
The entry form can be found below on page 3 after the conditions of entry. Please note that Entrants will be automatically added to our mailout list to receive the occasional takahē newsletter unless you indicate otherwise.
Conditions of Entry:
- Each entry must be the original work of the person submitting it; entries must not have been broadcast or published in any form (including webzines or personal blogs), and if any entry is accepted for publication in any form, or wins a prize in a competition, before the results of the takahē 2020 competition are announced, it must be withdrawn. (There will be no refund of the entry fee.)
- Maximum length for each poem submitted is 50 lines. Please enter the line count with your poem title on the entry form. Poems longer than 50 lines will be disqualified.
- Entrants may submit as many previously unpublished poems as they wish, but each must be named separately on the entry form. Please use ONE entry form for all your poem
- Please use a separate word document for each of your poems/stories.
- The entry fee is $5 per poem.
- For subscribers, the fifth poem is free.
- Entries MUST be emailed. Please follow these instructions carefully
- Please pay the $5 entry fee by direct credit to Takahē Collective Trust 02-0800-0420716-00, Reference=surname, Particular=Poetry Competition
- Email your entry/entries to email@example.com
- Include your poems and entry form as attachments. These must be word documents (that is .doc or .docx). Please do not send other types of file as we may not be able to read them.
- The title of each entry should be the title of your poem. Please do NOT include your name or initials as part of the title
- The title of the entry form must include your first and last name so it can be differentiated from all the other entries.
- Include a screenshot of your payment in your email and make sure that the screenshot shows the Takahē Collective Trust account number. Please call it your surname plus ‘comp payment’
- Overseas entrants ONLY may pay using our Paypal account. Please use the email firstname.lastname@example.org to access this and send the paypal receipt with your entry(ies) and entry form, as an email attachment.
- The entrant’s name or nom de plume must not appear on the poem(s). Nor must it be included as part of the title of the files that contains your entries. Please also do not include your email address or anything else that could identify you.
- Worldwide copyright of entries will remain with the author.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entrant breaching this condition will be disqualified.
- The results and judge’s comments will be published in the December 2020 special bumper print issue of the magazine, and available on our website http://www.takahe.org.nz. Only those placed will receive individual notification of the results.
- No member of the takahē board is eligible to enter the competition
- In the event of the competition being cancelled, all monies will be refunded.