With so many festivals, book launches and readings cancelled due to covid-19 we are aware that promoting your work just became a lot harder. That’s why we are launching ‘NZ Writers Read’, dedicated playlists on our Youtube channel of authors reading from their work. We want to have ‘NZ Writers Read Children’s Books’, ‘NZ Writers Read Novels’, ‘NZ Writers Read Memoir’, ‘NZ Writers Read Non-Fiction’ – you publish it: we’ll make a playlist for it! We are looking for new or recently published work and work published within the last 18 months. It must still be in print.
How it works:
- Record a video of yourself reading from your work. For some tips and tricks watch the video below
- For some examples: here’s Oliver Jeffers, Mo Willems, and then some professionals!
- If you use music in the video made sure you have the right to use it. Music used without a license can be a breach of copyright
- Save it to your OneDrive, DropBox or GoogleDrive and email the link to: info [at] nzauthors.org.nz – with an image of the cover and the genre of the work
- We will review the video and upload it to the appropriate playlist then promote it throughout our networks and provide you with the link to promote it through yours!
We will get through this together! Note: This is a members only initiative to support NZSA members in the development and promotion of their work.