StartWrite Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service – for writers who want to get an appraisal for part of their work. Writers can send in a piece of writing, up to 6,000 words (for poetry up to 20 pages), and a one page synopsis.
The NZSA Writing Sample and Synopsis Assessment Service is an excellent opportunity for writers to get an appraisal of their writing at an early stage.
- Writers – send in one chapter (up to 6,000 words), or up to 20 pages of poetry and a one page synopsis.
Writing samples are appraised by experienced authors and assessors in a one to two page report. They will also answer up to three specific questions that the writer may submit with the chapter and synopsis.
SUBSIDISED SUBMISSIONS 2022
- Each year NZSA has 25 Subsidised StartWrite Assessments
- Available to NZSA members only
- One StartWrite assessment per member per year
- The fee for a subsidised assessment is $50
UNSUBSIDISED STARTWRITE ASSESSMENTS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE, WITH A SPECIAL MEMBERS-ONLY PRICE.
- open to all genres and all writers (you do not have to be an NZSA member to access this)
- NZSA members unsubsidised assessment fee is $200
- Non-members unsubsidised assessment fee is $250