Open exclusively to NZSA members
- $500 first prize, $250 second prize, $100 third prize
- Opens 21 September, closes 4pm, Monday 24 October
- Only $10 to enter
● The competition is open exclusively to all NZSA members.
● All entries must be original and not previously published or broadcast.
● Entries should contain 1500 words or fewer.
● The manuscript should be typewritten, on A4 sheets, double-spaced, with clear margins and saved as a PDF file.
● A $10 entry fee is required to confirm entry. Once you have entered, you will be emailed a copy of your entry form with payment details.
● Members may enter as many times as they wish – a separate entry form and fee needs to be completed for each story.
● Author’s name MUST NOT appear on the story.
● Stories must have a title which should match EXACTLY the title give on the entry form.
You can read all about last year’s winners here, or you can listen to the three winners read their own stories on NZSA Auckland’s Facebook page:
1st place – Patricia Bell reads her story ‘Dandelion Clocks’
2nd place – Anissa Ljanta reads her story ‘Fifty New Things’
3rd place – Chris Reed reads his story ‘Come Together’